Wednesday, January 5, 2011

DR & Kentuckessee

Today, as Rob, Caylee & I were driving on post to get lunch and check a friends mail, after finally getting our Georgia tags, a song came on the radio. This by Darius Rucker. All I could do was laugh and cry the whole time it played because it is the story of my life. Basically the song talks about how thankful he is for all the things he missed in life, because it brought him where is now- with his beautiful wife and kids. Here is an excerpt from the song [this is actually the chorus]:

"Every stoplight I didnt make Every chance I did or I didn't take.All the nights I went too far.All the girls [boys lol] that broke my heart.All the doors that I had to close.All the things I knew but I didn't know.Thank god for all I missed.Cause it led me here to this"

It really had me feeling a lot of different emotions because I have traveled such a long road to be where I am. I have changed a lot about myself [for the better] and am now able to see other things I could change as well. It makes me realize that I need to stop looking back and keep looking forward, because I wouldn't be where I am now had the things in my past not occurred. They aren't a bad thing- they are what make me- and I'm pretty darn okay with me at this point in my life. So Thank you Darius Rucker for making yet another beautiful song that melts my heart lol.


In other news, I AM FINALLY GETTING MY TRIP TO GO SEE MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS IN KENTUCKESSE [as in in both places and right on the border of Tenn & Kentucky- Fort campbell lol] 

I'm thrilled. As much as I hated it 9 months ago, I have to admit I miss it. I realize now I didn't hate the place, I hated the people in Rob's unit who tormented us. I have a past there and a lot of good too. I lived there for 5 1/2 years and it will always be kinda like home for me. I'm also excited to see my mom. I haven't seen her or my wonderful foster family since I left in April! It'll just be Caylee & I going [YEP ROB GETS TWO WHOLE WEEKS TO HIMSELF & HES KINDA FREAKING OUT LOL] I will have plenty of pics and lots of things to tell you I'm sure when I get back. I'm leaving the first of February. 

I'll be spending some time in Clarksville first to see my friends and foster family there then heading up about 2 hours to spend the last week and a half with my mom and her husband. She cries sometimes when we talk about it! It kills her to not see me and caylee. Sometime while I am up, I'm going to be driving even further north to Evansville, Indiana to see one of my closest friends, Melissa. I just really can't wait and even though I am going to miss my hubby and puppies like crazy- I need this- Caylee needs this. 

hope you are all having an amazing year so far... I KNOW I AM! Thanks for reading my jumbled mess lol. <3 

4 comments:

Steph said...

Evansville is about an hour and a half from where I am. Be safe on your trip!

✿.:DiXiE:.✿ said...

Ahhh....I love Darius Rucker!!! I love this, I realized this same thing a few years back and was so relieved when I finally did!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that song! And can't wait to see you. Glad you and Caylee are going to get some time with your family. =]

Unknown said...

I love that song, it totally made me tear up the first time I heard it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...