Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ringing in the New Year

I'm not going to spend this time to write about how I'm so ready to make changes for the new year, how I want to lose weight or be a better person. I think I've spent way too much time on things like that. I have found in the past few days, so many people are setting on the fact that the year changes thing- that made me think of this;

A simple year or time span doesn't define who we are. We choose our reactions to all of our circumstances, we choose how we will let things that happen in a year affect us. Good and bad things all happen EVERY year but it's our attitude towards those things that determine whether we will focus solely on the bad things that occurred that year or the good.

2007 my dad died but I married the man of dreams.
2008 my best friend was killed in a car accident but my beautiful daughter was born
2009 my husband was deployed, i lost my relationship with my mom but I got a better relationship in the end with the both of them, not to mention getting to watch my daughter grow.
2010 I've lost a few friends I thought would be there till the end but I have a house of my own, hardly any debt left and I'm more than half-way done with my associate's degree. I am at an amazing place in my marriage that I never thought I would be.

Again- our attitude towards obstacles determine how our year will be remembered. I'm not ready for 2011 because it's a chance for a new start, who needs a new year to start fresh? I'm choosing to make everyday a day of bettering myself and being as happy as I can be without all the negativity and negative influences.

ARE YOU READY TO DEFINE WHO YOU ARE NOT BY A SILLY NUMBER BUT BY LIVING EACH DAY THE RIGHT WAY? =]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...