Friday, January 14, 2011

Military Spouse Friday Fill in & Day #6 Photo Challenge

If you aren't familiar with MFF then head on over to Wife of a Sailor and get started! It's fun and interesting.


1. What are you looking forward to most in 2011? from Jessica Lynn Writes
Being in the same place for a whole year. Since I was 14 I have not been in one place for a full year before. It's nice to have a place of my own with my wonderful husband and daughter!

2. What is something random you do on a boring night when your significant other is away? from Lovin Ma Soldier
Well if Caylee is here then we watch Disney movies until it's time for her to go to sleep. If she's not here I sleep ALOT and take up the whole bed to myself- yep i'm pretty lame lol.

3. What has been your greatest adventure as a MilSpouse? 
It really hasn't been any different then from before. My greatest adventure has to be that I've had to learn to control my tongue and place a filter on my mouth. That's a huge thing for me especially dealing with other women
.
4. What is the ugliest fashion trend you ever bought into (I’d like to make fun of you, so can you please provide a picture as well)? from More Than An Army Wife
I don't have a picture but the whole HUGE bell bottoms thing. They came back when I was in 5th grade and my mom bought me this pair that had peace signs and flowers ALL OVER them. Oh gosh, I got teased so bad. That's really the only trend I ever followed because I don't really go for the fashions, they aren't my style. 

5. What was the high point of last month?
Hmm, the high point of last month was us getting our daughter another puppy. I'll never forget her face the first time she realized we were taking him home lol. 


Day 6: A picture of someone you'd like to trade places with for a day. 
I chose my Uncle Mike. He's been in the military since he was only 17 years old. He's deployed numerous times. He's made mistakes and had a difficult child hood but has a lot to show for himself. He's got an amazing wife [who also happens to be my best friend] and two great kids that will never know the struggles that he did. He works hard and puts his all into everything he does. He is motivated, driven and he is a model of what a soldier, husband and father should be. He took me in when I had nowhere to go and has always loved and treated me like his own child. He and my aunt Marcia saved me and I admire them both so much. 


1 comment:

Lydia said...

ugh bell bottoms should have never been invented. I did have a couple of pairs of them in elementary school too. It still amazes me that some people still wear them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...