I drove to Fort Benning Friday to go pick up my princess- she spent the week with my aunt and uncle [who are her Godparents]. She really was sad to leave, which is usual for her. Being two, she doesn't fully understand how she feels. She wants to go back home but she doesn't want to leave. She misses them so much when she's not around them. I wish that I could make that ache for her family go away- it's one of the reasons I hate the military life so much. Everyone she has loved and clung to has left, her daddy, her grandma, her godparents, some of my close friends. She's gotten attached to all of them and they sort of got ripped from her, and I can't imagine what she is feeling at only 2 1/2 years old.
The drive was hard on me. It really put me in a lot of pain- one because I REALLY REALLY hate driving since the wreck I got into when I was 34 weeks pregnant- two because people in Georgia drive like they are drunk 90% of the time- three simply because 5 hours one way seems to take its toll on my body. Regardless of the pain though, it was amazing to see my family as usual.
Before I left, my uncle checked my tires PSI because before we left Fort Hell Rob hit a big pothole filled with water inside the gate near our house and completely bent the rim in and ever since the air has slowly seemed to lose air. He had it up to 41 PSI [it had been at like 34] and by the time I had gotten home it was down to 38 PSI. We've been keeping an eye on it and it hasn't lost anymore air but I really am afraid I will have to wait until we get our taxes back in order to take my trip up to see the family. If Rob would be coming with me, it would be one thing but just Caylee & I on that long drive with a tire that isn't perfect is just scary to me! Hopefully we get our taxes back next week like they said!!! WE CAN HOPE RIGHT!
Hope everyone is having a good week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment