Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Huge Change Coming

So ever since my junior year in high school when I took a religions class, I have been madly fascinated by Buddhism. I have done so much research on the religion and beliefs and absolutely can believe everything they do. It just makes sense. My husband thinks I'm crazy because he says you can't believe in two things [Christianity and Buddhism] but this is how I try to explain things to him:

I mainly believe in God & Jesus Christ because it's how I was raised. I went from Catholicism to Modern Pentecostal when I was 17 but have always believed that Jesus died for our sins.

Buddhism consists of meditation and doing good for the soul purpose of "paying it forward". They meditate to relieve stress and negativity. They believe that were are put in this life to suffer, that living is suffering- but we have the power to become enlightened by ridding ourselves of the bad. They believe in Karma and coming back in another life as someone else- All of things I also believe along with the Christianity part.

I feel that most people who are Christian, already have some aspects to Buddhism. I love the idea that Buddhists don't believe you necessarily have to give up your childhood or pre-instated beliefs. '

With all of this, I am heavily researching buddhist [Zen to be exact] centers in our area. I want to try it out and see if it's really the right fit I think it will be, and well- if it is. I will become a Buddhist. This is a crazy and sudden change but I really think it could be a great thing for myself and my family. It works for Rob since he doesn't believe in God, he believes more in the karma aspect of life. It's calming and a huge stress reliever. I will keep you all posted to let you know how this change is going to work!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...