Friday, January 21, 2011

100th POST & an UPDATE

100 posts in a little over a year... can we say SLACKER lol. but hey 100 is a big number! Thanks to all my followers and hello to my recently added followers. Your advice and support really are amazing!

As for me, I'm sure you've noticed that aside from the 31 day photo challenge, I have not blogged much at all. Well here is why:

As most of you know, I began getting headaches nearly everyday about 4 months ago. I went to my PCM on post and she prescribed me with Topamax in order to get the migraine aspect under control. I did well for a while and then about a month and a half ago, I start getting severe pain in my neck that causes me to have headaches [from neck up the back of my head] EVERY SINGLE DAY! I continuously tried to make an appt never having any luck [seeing that the whole division is pretty much back now]. I was in the ER about a month ago where I was given a few days worth of muscle relaxers, which worked wonders--- for a few days.

The headaches continued, then yesterday my neck began hurting so bad that I couldn't even turn my head. I went into the ER to be told what I already knew- I am having severe CHRONIC tension headaches [tension headaches that occur around the same time every day]. I was given a shot of Toradol and Adavan and prescribed Naproxen [an anti-inflammatory] and Flexoril [a muscle relaxor]. Today I was lucky enough to get an appointment with a doctor in the Family Practice Clinic [not my PCM but at this point ANYONE will do]. She felt my neck and was immediately concerned seeing as it is one HUGE BULGE. My spine was extremely tender at her touch and she could hardly even turn my neck from side to side. She immediately had me do an XRAY to determine whether or not I have anything wrong with my spine and I have to go back on the 2nd for the results and a follow up. She also has me put in for a referral for Physical Therapy due to her concern. She wants to me to keep up with my meds and take them when the pain is bad to help loosen the muscles.

I'm a little worried myself as this has literally nearly incapacitated me completely. I'm in constant pain and hardly able to even move my head. I'm praying we figure out a permanent solution and that this is nothing that can't be easily fixed. I will keep you all posted!

2 comments:

Jess said...

OMG! I hope you are ok... now I'm worred... but everything will be ok... yes, it will be! Good thing you went to the practice clinic... glad you saw a doctor who seems to know what shes doing. Keep me posted, and in the mean time I hope the meds give you some relief!

Tiffany said...

I am glad that you finally got in to see a doctor. Sending happy thoughts your way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...