The 5 minute drive to my aunt's house at fort campbell.
The comfort of knowing she was always just a short drive away.
My life in Louisiana. The part of me that I was never ashamed to be.
Caylee being a baby, the way she cried and cooed and stared at me as if I was the only person in the world.
The sweet innocence of being a child. When the biggest problem in life was someone picking on me at school or my mom being upset with me.
Having people around who didn't just make me move my life around them, but who would have done the same for me- ANYTIME!
My job at the daycare. I felt whole when I worked there.
Driving in the car with my mom singing our favorite songs at the top of our lungs.
Cheerleading- I miss our camp at LSU and the good memories we made.
Crawfish boils and dancing on tables with Jessi!
Journaling... privately. I could feel better by getting it all out on paper and never fearing that anyone would find out my hearts' desires or that i'd ever be judged
Reading books and drinking hot chocolate on amanda's bed.
Climbing in my treehouse and just wasting the day away.
Riding my bike down the road and feeling the wind in my face.
When my biggest fear was not that my husband would die overseas but that I wouldn't get into a good enough college.
But life goes on and people move on and that's just how the cookie crumbles.
2 comments:
Ain't that the truth... I have days like this too, a little more often then I think I should.
I have these days too. I miss the simplicity of how life used to be. And when Claire cries sometimes like it's the end of the world I cannot help but laugh to myself and be sad for her at the same time, thinking of all the things that she has yet to go through in life.
Post a Comment