Monday, March 7, 2011

The Road Not Taken

Today has been a day that I probably will never forget. Today made me think of the poem by Robert Frost, "The Road Not Taken" in which he talks about two paths, one very much traveled and another that was unused by many out of fear of the unknown & how choosing to take the road less traveled completely altered his life.

Today I made a decision about my life that will change EVERYTHING I ever imagined for myself. I have decided that as soon as I am done with my degrees [at least bachelor's] I am going to join the army. I feel like this is my calling in life and my goal [as a psychology major] is to work with soldier's who suffer from PTSD! I am in the process of getting back into physical shape [as a matter of fact today I was able to reach all the goals to pass a woman's PT test who is my age in the army] and I just feel like maybe the Civilian route isn't the one for me. It will suck if I have to deploy and leave Caylee for a year but I'm sure she will understand when she is older. Rob supports my decision 110%. I already know who Caylee will live with if Rob and I deploy at the same time. My next step is to talk to a recruiter to ensure I get all the necessary requirements to become an officer. and I have the next 3 1/2 years to prepare myself physically and mentally- not to mention time to get my daughter ready. I am so ecstatic over this decision and I hope that everything goes smoothly =]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it is a fantastic idea! Congratulations on your decision! Don't let anyone tell you other than it is AWESOME! Go you, girl! I have been mulling over the same thought myself for the last few years. :) Go you, I wish you the best of luck!

Lyzz said...

The Army needs dedicated doctors like you. I think if we could find more people dedicated to helping soldiers instead of making a paycheck the world would be better.

I hope the best for you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...