When people think of domestic abuse, they think someone is getting knocked around a bit... What they fail to acknowledge is the fact that mental abuse takes 10 times more of a toll than any amount of bruise or scratch could ever leave... And you know what disgusts me most, is that in ALL CASES the "abuser" will sit there and paint it out like HE/SHE is the victim... like they have some right to do or say what they do. They want the pity. They manipulate people, especially the victim, into thinking THEY are the victim. I have seen it all too many times- I see it a mile away... and when it happens to people I care about, it KILLS me! It literally HURTS because I know there is not a damn thing I can do... oh there are things I WANT to do, like mentally and physically abuse the abuser myself.... let them get a taste of what it's like- I want them to know that pain, that feeling like you are nothing, that feeling like you can NEVER be good enough, like it's all your fault- Like you just want to die! I've been there! I know that feeling... and when my family or close friends go through it, I ache for them. I get angry for them- because I know they can't, because chances are they don't see it... They are sitting thinking of all the reasons why it's their fault... why they deserve what is happening to them... and it's not fair. It's not right!!! It's not the VICTIMS fault- nothing you could EVER do could justify another person having the right to mentally abuse you to the point where you don't want to get out of bed in the morning, or physically abuse you... And if you think you deserve it- YOU ARE SO WRONG! There is nothing I can do but tell you to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! you will lose ALL you are, and you will become all he wants. No love is like that! If you think that is how love is, you've never experienced love at all! If you are being mentally or physically abused, only you can make the choice to get away. Stop making excuses. People like that NEVER change- I know from experience, from my own and from what I've seen. No one deserves to be treated like they are dirt, like they are the cause of every problem in the relationship... you aren't the problem- you're a victim...
Domestic Violence Hotline
800-799-7233

No comments:
Post a Comment