Rob and I had a rocky start- put it this way, he wasn't completely honest with me about the fact that he had a girlfriend back home when we started dating. He had once been engaged to her but when that didn't work out, the relationship kind of hit a dead in road and rather than just break up with her, because of the distance he thought it would be easier to just not say a word. So we can establish that our relationship was originally not built on trust- but hey, what relationship doesn't have its faults. We had a rocky first year of marriage as well, with me not having any trust for him at all, and him trying to earn my trust but never getting an inch. It was far from paradise- or even close to where we are now in our marriage.
In September of 2008, only a month after our daughter was born, Rob went to NTC in California with his unit at the time to train for deployment. One day I get a message in my truth box on myspace [yes it was back in THOSE days] asking me if I would want to know if my husband had cheated on me and that the person had proof. Of course, my first instinct was to completely fall apart--- I was devastated... I didn't know what to think- I had no way to talk to him, because at that point of their NTC they were in their 2 weeks "blackout". I called all the wives of the soldiers Rob worked with looking for answers, well at least the ones I knew would be involved [YEP THEY WERE THOSE KIND OF WOMEN] and eventually word gets around that a picture was taking of Robert kissing another woman and a picture of Rob on a trash detail sleeping with a woman's head on his chest. For the second one, I hope no one takes offense but I knew it was not real because of the simple fact Rob is not attracted to African American women, they are simply not his type. The other pictures, which I never have seen was supposedly in fact the real picture. I immediately got a confession out of the guy who took the pic of Rob in the truck that the did it as a joke and that he didn't mean to cause any problems- so no biggy. As word of the other picture spreads around, I find out his SGT actually was the one who took this "supposed" picture.
I never did find out the truth about the picture, and no one produced it. The people who we did not get along with all said it was real, but the people who were close friends with us all said it was not. So of course I was torn in what to believe, especially with our trust issues in the past. Rob swore on Caylee's life that it was never anything, that the most he did was talk to a medic there [who one of his unit friends was dating with] and so I dropped it....
Here we are over 2 years later, at 2 am- and I finally get the truth. The picture was not real. There was a picture but it was a picture of Rob, and 3 other guys smoking and talking to the medic girl. They weren't touching, it was nothing sexual... And the NCO who took the picture thought it was funny and was laughing about how he was gonna shake up the marriages of some of his guys with this picture... Now while I am partly to blame for me not trusting robert when I should have, it sickens me that someone like this can lie and hurt people and get away with it. He purposely told certain wives, knowing they would come back to me- possibly making the situation into something bigger than it was. He said he was "sorry" and as much as I want to forgive him, I'd also like to ruin his military career and spit in his face! This obstacle was such a HUGE barrier for Rob and myself. I spent countless nights heartbroken over the fact that i thought Rob was still lying to me. Up until about a June of last year, I really didn't believe him... I just don't understand why anyone could think someone's marriage is something to play with- yes i was young and maybe immature--- but that hurts... and to wait TWO YEARS to tell the truth! It just disgusts me... but in the same note--- Here we are, about to mark our 3rd wedding anniversary and i trust him more than anything and he feels the same about me... so maybe- it was a blessing in disguise.
4 comments:
At the very least you now know for sure that your husband didn't lie to you. Marriage is a fragile thing and it was sick of those people to try and hurt your's, they will get theirs in the end.
What a coward. I can't believe someone would do such a thing. People are so screwed up these days its scary. Karma is a you know what just remember that.
What kind of idiot would do something like that? I would have been livid. Everything worked out for the best for you though.
Wow. What a drama-clown. That makes me sick for you. Wives have enough to worry about without that crap floating around.
Post a Comment