My first edition of pour your heart out sponsored by Shell at "Things I Can't Say"
Ever since I left Louisiana in 2005, I've kind of had a set plan for myself. I wanted to go to college, get my degree while being in the military, fall in love, then have a family. I went through a long list of trials and tribulations in between 2005 and 2007 [when I met my husband], things I never thought I could survive. Issues with my mom, the abuse, leaving the place I had lived in my whole life to go to kentucky to live with my aunt, getting put in foster care, getting moved to multiple foster homes and a group home because I was a "lost cause", the "love of my life" being sent to prison for murdering someone, my daddy dying, getting expelled from my high school, being raped-all just to name a few. I never thought I could be strong enough to get through those things.
I came out alive, met a wonderful man and of course my whole life plan changed but in an amazing way.
Since I was a child, I always said I wanted a big family [well for me that would be about 2 or 3 kids since I was an only child]. All i ever wanted was to work with children, have children and take care of my family. Rob and I got married November 1, 2007 and on December 17th, 2007, we got the beautiful news [and quite unexpected news] that we were expecting our first beautiful baby. We never planned on getting pregnant so soon but were ecstatic to have something, a part of both us, that we could devote our lives and selves to. I never in my life expected to be where I am now.
Although we weren't planning on it happening so soon, I got pregnant "trying". We never used protection and often talked about how much it would change our lives in a good way to have a child. It has been 2 years since I gave birth to our beautiful daughter and while I am so beyond words in the love I feel for her, and the amount I cherish her, I still feel this ache down to my soul for another baby. We started trying when Robert got back from Iraq, it will be a year December 21 that he has been home.
I try to be happy for my friends who are finding out they are pregnant but it's just not there. I literally get sick to my stomach and end up with a headache from the pain I feel in my heart. Some people have just been awful about it, saying I don't love my daughter because I'm not "happy" with just her, that I'm ungrateful--- well that's not the case. My daughter is EVERYTHING TO ME! However, that doesn't mean I don't deserve, she doesn't deserve, to have a brother or sister. I can't imagine my life without her so why can't for once in my life I be allowed to be "selfish" and want another beautiful blessing? Why does wanting to give my whole life to my children have to be so hard for some people to understand.
Every month, I go through it over and over again. Of course I don't think about it during sex, but once it's time for mother nature to make her appearance, I instantly feel sick. The constant pregnancy tests and wondering "is this is?". The secret disgust I feel at myself. The comments people make when all I want is a "I am here if you need". I can't even talk to anyone about it, not even my mom- I just get instantly pissed off when someone says "be patient"- I've been patient for a year while watching everyone else [some not even wanting it] get the one thing in life I want. I get tired of hearing "Be thankful you have one child" or "It'll happen when God's read" or "It'll happen when you stop trying". Why can't people just have a little empathy. My husband and I hurt from this but no one seems to understand how we both feel.
I just don't know where to start or what to do. I know that while I am fine for a while, there isn't much more time before I fall into a deep hole. Every month, my heart breaks a little more and makes me feel like I am useless. Why, after all I have gone through, must life continue to be unfair. Why can some people have it so easy- be so blessed but me and so many others are cursed to carry all that pain, and continue to be "punished". Every month, I find it a little harder to believe there could be a God so heartless...
I don't want pity, I just want understanding. This should be a cake walk for me and for some reason it is the hardest thing I have had to go through yet. My heart breaks for anyone who has had to experience this or even worse, never be able to have a chile [or another one]. It is an unbearable heartache and takes such a toll on everyone around.

11 comments:
My heart breaks for you Ashley. I know exactly how you feel. I just got my big fat negative result yesterday and I sat in the bathroom and cried for probably an hour... I was miserable all day and mother nature still hasn't shown up. I have a doctors appointment today and I'm so scared outta my mind as to what he might tell me. I am also not ready to walk into that room full of pregnant women. I am sorry you have to go through this, I don't blame you at all for how you feel, because its exactly how I feel. Reading about what you wrote when you were younger really hits home with me because I have been through similar situations myself. If you ever wanna chit chat just email me... in the mean time hugs and loooooooots of baby dust your way!
I feel awful about this post, because I know your trying and I know its hard. Believe me I know what its like to want something so bad and then that stupid period comes along and steals it away. I am very grateful to be getting this blessing, and a blessing that came at the exact right time, even though we had been trying for months before.
I dont think your selfish at all for wanting another one. Your daughter will be a great big sister and it will all work out. Though you may not want to hear that, honestly it really does happen in good timing!
I understand. It's tough. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Try to stay positive and not let it define you.
You little girl is precious! I am sorry that you feel so down about this and I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I do not understand what you are going through but I do know the pain of wanting something so bad it literally hurts. Good luck!
It took us almost two years to get pregnant with our first who is due in February. I understand the pain of every negative test. At our BIG ultrasound where we found out it was a boy I actually said we would just try for a girl next time - not because I don't love this little guy but because I know I will want more and there is nothing wrong with that. If you have enough love in you for more kids then by all means go for it! Wishing you luck!
We had a terrible time getting pregnant with our first. We saw multiple doctors and the last doctor we saw said he tought it was all the pressure of wanting a baby. That perhaps if I just eased up on myself it would happen. I enrolled in college full time, was voted student council president, and got back into life. By January of that next year we were so excited to be announcing our bundle of joy would arrive in late Spring.
Sending you prayers! Going to sound cheesy here for a minute, but God loves you and has a plan. It never makes sense to us at the time, but it's there.
Thanks for linking up!
I don't have kids so I have no advice .. or words of wisdom .. but if you ever meed to vent call me!! I know I've been out of the loop and super busy, but you can always call me :)
Love You
I don't have kids and I'm not at that point at trying to have kids but I can still say I'm so sorry you are going through this. You have EVERY right to be impatient and angry. That doesn't make you ungrateful for Caylee. It means tat you have so much love in your heart that you want to have another child to share it with.You are an amazing mother and I can understand your impatiece in wanting something so bad it hurts. Hang in there and I'm here whenever. Love ya girly.
p.s Can I do this?
I can totally relate with you. I've been struggling with infertility issues for a little over 3 years and my husband and I are still waiting on our miracle baby. Thinking about you and hoping things work out for you and your family.
Im so sorry your going through this girl!! I can only imagine how much heartache you are suffering :(
Good friends of mine tried for 8 years to have a baby, and finally (when they did stop trying) It happened! I know its hard to see people who dont want or deserve children be blessed with the miracle of life, but I guarantee you they dont appreciate it near as much as you will when your holding a sweet newborn in your arms.
I wish you and your husband the best with trying to conceive! Do you track your ovulation and temperature and all that? Have you thought about seeing a fertility specialist to see what they have to say?
If you ever need to vent or talk, you have me on facebook... or I can give you my number... yell, rant, vent all you want. Im a good listener, and I'll try to be understanding and give good support :)
Keep your chin up, youve been through so much... you CAN make it through this!
Post a Comment