Sunday, December 19, 2010

New Year, New Life?

With the new year approaching, Rob and I have been discussing a lot of things. We have a lot of habits in our lives that can't really be considered "good" for us, financially or physically/mentally. Here are some of the changes we want to WILL accomplish for 2011!

1. Have an emergency fun set up as well as pay off the credit cards [again and for good]. We haven't gotten ourselves into horrible amounts of debt [we are definitely under 5 thousand] but I feel that my boredom with this town and my new found addiction for online shopping can only lead to trouble. I think that it's better to rid ourselves of the debt for good and hide the credit cards [since we clearly think everything is an emergency lol]. I have always been extremely responsible with money, but as I said, my boredom here has really fed my need to online shop. I will pay my cards off for good and probably give them to my aunt to hold just so they are there but not within my reach for when I have one of my moments lol.

2. Start a workout plan. I've really been unhappy with my body lately. As a matter of fact, I was in tears only a few days ago because I couldn't button my favorite shirt that fit only 2 months ago. My stomach is close to the biggest I have ever been and it really does nothing but make my many insecurities even worse. I'm not saying I want to be a size zero but I want to take what I have and tone up and get my endurance back up. I think it'll do me a lot of good physically [with as much as i get headaches] and mentally. With Rob being on color guard, he doesn't do PT anymore and he's now becoming self-conscious about his weight. Together, we'll make ourselves look amazing and fit and hopefully it'll help our relationship even more too lol.

3. This year, I have become quite negative. I think it even surpasses how I was last year while Rob was in Iraq and that's no good for me, or my daughter. I really want to work on how I see things, my response to things [which I definitely have gotten better at] and basically my life view altogether.

4. I want to truly rid myself from all the negative influences in my life. Any person that has been a downfall in my progress and growth, any person who holds others back, shoddy friends, careless family members. I want to let go of the anger I feel towards all of these things and people for their lack of effort. The only way I can do this is to just cut them out completely. It'll make me a better me.


So these are my goals and usually, I suck at following through with things. However, this time, I WILL SUCCEED! I want to be the best me that I can be. Caylee is getting older and there are so many qualities about myself that I would never want her to inherit. So I will keep you all updated on my progress [and hopefully very little fall backs] and would really appreciate all the support I know you will give! I'm excited to see the year that is approaching us!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm doing the "dave ramsey" program to get our debt paid off... I'm trying to get it all paid off by the time we leave here next fall. The way Dave Ramsey has his program set up makes so much sense. =)

Megan B said...

Those are awesome goals! Just set your mind to it, and you can do it! I need to set a few goals myself! - Meg

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...