Friday, September 14, 2012

&Here Are Your Answers...



Fibromyalgia

Fibromyositis; Fibrositis
Last reviewed: February 14, 2011.
Fibromyalgia is a common syndrome in which a person has long-term, body-wide pain and tenderness in the joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues.
Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, sleep problems, headaches, depression, and anxiety.

Causes, incidence, and risk factors

The cause is unknown. Possible causes or triggers of fibromyalgia include:
  • Physical or emotional trauma
  • Abnormal pain response - areas in the brain that are responsible for pain may react differently in fibromyalgia patients
  • Sleep disturbances
  • Infection, such as a virus, although none has been identified
Fibromyalgia is most common among women aged 20 to 50.
The following conditions may be seen with fibromyalgia or mimic its symptoms:
  • Chronic neck or back pain
  • Chronic fatigue syndrome
  • Depression
  • Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
  • Lyme disease
  • Sleep disorders



    Yes. so after spending about 3 hours in the ER yesterday. This is what the paperwork I came home with was listed with. I've had headaches everyday for months. Constant pain. Trouble sleeping, apparent hypothyroidism, depression, a ripping pain in my neck. I just thought I had a pulled muscle. I never thought that at 23 years old I would go into the ER looking to get a shot in my ass and come out in tears, a bottle of muscle relaxers & with a paper that suggest I go to my PCM and get referred to a pain management doctor for this long term disorder. 

    I want to scream. I want to cry. I want my husband. I want to be normal. I guess I've known this was more than likely what's been wrong with me because it's heriditary and happens to run in my family, but I was in denial. I wanted something I could fix. something that I don't have to live with the rest of my life, something that the only cure could cause me an addiction to pain killers and muscle relaxers. something where I don't have to get numbing medications injected into the muscles of my shoulder to stop the muscle tearing pain. 

    within a two day period, everything I thought I knew about me was disproven and I feel like I am having to start completely over in my medical journey again. Not only was I told this, but apparently there is a huge possibility that I do not have allergies but in fact a sinus DISEASE. yea. i quit. i'm just one cluster-fuck of medical problems. I just want to be able to have a normal day of playing with my kids where I don't have to fake a smile through the dears because my head hurts so bad I can't think straight. I want to be a good mommy who gets to enjoy watching her babies grow. why me. why yet another bad thing happening to me? there are a shit ton of awful people in the world, why me? 

Untitled

1 comment:

@deploymentprbs said...

I found your blog through a milso blogger link up, and I am so glad I did!

First off, I'm really sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I have a sneaking suspicion that I may have it as well, but I've been putting off seeing someone. Because I don't want to know....

Regardless, I'm sorry it had to happen while your husband was away. I'm a fellow military wife too (Army), and my husband just got back from his first deployment. I started a twitter account during the deployment, that really turned into a sort of support account for military wives/gf's/fiancee's etc. I decided I needed to start a blog to go along with it to reach out to more ladies too!

I'm really glad I found your blog. I'm interested to read how you handle all of this! Keep your head up, pain can be managed, and you will find the right combo to make you feel a little better day to day. Hope to see you around!

Toodles Chickadoodle :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...