Thursday, May 5, 2011

What's Your Song Linkup 5- For my Daddy

It's What's your song time. Head on over to Goodnight Moon

May 11th makes 4 years since my daddy died. Since I will be in Louisiana next week and more than likely will not be able to post for WYS next week. I'll post this song. When I was a little girl, and my dad actually kept his promises to me we'd ride around and he'd' play older rock and one song he loved to play and always sang to me, what I always call "OUR" song was this song. I still cry every single time I hear it. It takes me back to a time where I didn't know the problems my daddy had. Where I was his little princess and the one girl in his life he loved without end. I try to focus on memories like that when my heart aches for him, for the choices he made in his life. I'll never forget the good with him, no matter how much bad there was. No matter how much hurt- I will always be my Daddy's little girl. To anyone who still has their dad, love and appreciate him- no matter his faults. The biggest regret I have is not letting my daddy know that all his wrongs meant nothing to me, that I still loved him more than words.

Daddy, I love you more than words and I miss you so much it hurts! <3



6 comments:

Kris said...

Remember the good. I lost my mom almost 6 years ago. I love this song

kirstieJayy said...

<3
stay strong.
i welled-up reading this.

new follower here. follow back?
http://kirstiejayy.blogspot.com/.
oh by the way; your daughter is b-e-a-utiful!! :)

happy thursday x

Ashley S. said...

My husband loves Red Hot Chili Peppers and this is a great song. Thanks for sharing about your Dad, I'm sure this time of year is hard for you. I hope you find something to get you through it, and know that you will always have your memories.

Amanda said...

Great song, it's a favorite.Thank you for sharing.

Mrs. H said...

You almost broke my heart! What a great dad you must have had. Thanks for sharing!
p.s. new follower :)

Nicole Marie said...

Oh gosh I remember this song back when I was young. It was one of my favorites, and is sort of haunting in a way.

I am glad it brings back such great memories for you. There is nothing better, or more powerful than a song that can do that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...