I totally feel like the worst blogger ever. I have to admit I don't have much to say. Much of my day consists of playing with Caylee and being a source of breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner to the Corey-Monster. Let me tell you- breastfeeding is time consuming but I absolutely love it. I almost gave up after the first week from the pain but I kept at it and it's totally successful. Tomorrow my little man will be a MONTH OLD! he's already holding his head up completely on his own. He's such a happy baby [aside from when mommy drinks milk]. We have been told he has lactose issues so lactaid for mommy it is. He's gained about 2 1/2 pounds since he was born and grew over 3 inches! he's a total momma's boy!
Caylee didn't really care for him at first but now she's even trying to share her favorite stuffed animal. She actually held him the other day too! I was thrilled! Things are going smoothly- even with Rob now back at work!
Now for the news we got a few weeks ago- Rob will more than likely be deploying in the fall to Afghanistan. We new that since his deployment to Iraq was canceled it was bound to happen but we didn't expect it that soon. It kind of hit me like a ton of bricks. I cried and cried and cried. Let's be honest here- Afghanistan is a whole new ball game from Iraq. It's been my biggest fear since we've been married and although I'm thankful he is on the honorguard now and won't be doing his actual job as an engineer- I don't want him to leave. And what sucks is that he's leaving only 3 months later than the age he left when Caylee was little. Yet again he'll be missing all of the firsts. And unlike everyone else in the military, Rob doesn't get a 9 month deployment- he'll be deploying for a year because his unit is considered "support". On the bright side, this deployment will possibly get us the heck away from where we are currently stationed. He reups when he gets back and that means we can possibly leave! Also, it gives us plenty of time to get our savings built up for when we go to sell our house. I'm trying to see the bright side. I hope when the time comes, I can be as strong if not stronger than I was last time!
Speaking of deployment, My wonderful friend Ashley [the girl who also has taken all of my photos] has been trying to talk me into temporarily moving to Colorado with her. Her husband leaves 3 months after Rob but his deployment is only 9 months so that would put the guys coming home at the same time. She wants me to move with her while the guys are gone and honestly, I don't think I want to go through deployment with her all the way across the country. In all honesty, she's one of the best friends I have ever had. she's like me in so many ways and I know she's who I can depend on to be my rock when Rob's away. So lots of thinking I have to do. Rob says go for it but I can't imagine leaving my home for that long lol.
 |
| me and my babies |
 |
| this was actually just the other day and the first time she held him! she's really warmed up to him |
 |
| daddy corey xbox time =] |
 |
| sometimes corey just likes to remind daddy that even though he's momma's baby he loves his daddy too |
 |
| momma's big boy <3 |
Any way. Please forgive my lack of blogging lately! I promise soon enough I'll get back in the swing of things! here are a few pics of the kids =]
1 comment:
glad for the update! what adorable, perfect little babies you have. so happy for you!
Post a Comment