Monday, April 18, 2011

What can you do?

As most of you know, I have a wedding & graduation to attend mid May in Louisiana. You also may know that last November, Rob put in a leave packet to go home and see his family for the first time since he'd gotten home from Iraq [which had been almost a year]. It got denied because supposedly the Honor Guard was "too busy" yet they ended up all of November and December. Since then, EVERY SINGLE PERSON has been able to take leave. We have a concert May 6th/7th and the following weekend is the graduation and wedding. Last week in put in a leave packet [like his Sgt told him] and not even an hour later, he was told that it was denied. Mind you that in November they only had 3 extra guys- so completely understandable. Now, they have enough people for FOUR TEAMS [there are 3 flag guys, and 2 rifle men, and the SGT who makes the calls- so do the math] and NOT ONE OF THEM is taking leave at that time yet YET AGAIN Rob's leave gets denied and it even went further. Rob's other SGT- we'll call him SB- thought it was pretty messed up that he's been on the CG longer than anyone on there right now and every other person has been allowed to take their leave except for him- that's a year and half with not so much as a weekend pass. Well yesterday, SB came over to our house to let us know that he really tried to get Rob's leave approved but the SGT [who is not higher ranking not even with Time in than SB] in turn kicked SB off the color guard. YEP- CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?! He wasn't defiant about it, he just suggested that maybe Rob really needed a break. He's been on the colorguard a year and home 5 months longer than that and he's the only person who hasn't gotten a break. He works EVERY SINGLE CEREMONY holding the heaviest flag and getting a break is too much to ask. So i'm sure you can see how pissed off I am about this stupid crap. Thankfully this SGT is leaving next month but sadly it'll be too late for leave. Let's just say, I more than likely won't be able to go down if he can't go. It's over 13 hours one way, not include the hour trips in between for the places and people I'd have to go see, then a 13 hour trip back. One thing if there is someone to split the drive and no two year old. Doing it with Caylee alone is just pretty much impossible. We barely made it the 9 hours to Tennessee.


So anyway, I know you guys are probably getting bored with my blog- I noticed I lost a follower or two. I understand. I just hope you all realize that I have a life outside of blogging and sometimes, I just don't know what to say. Chasing around a two year old and doing Math for school- well as you can imagine it really consumes my days. Not to mention I had a headache that kept me in bed for 4 whole days last week. I promise, I will get my blogger "swag" back but until then I hope you all will stand back and not give up on me lol. I should have a weightless update soon too- That has kind of plateaued as expected which is a bit frustrating. Anyway- I promise, more substance coming soon!


1 comment:

Shelly said...

I'm sorry about the leave thing. I hope that it works out somehow for you guys.

And don't worry, I'm still hanging around. I know how busy life can get. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...