For me, today [growing up] was always a day I longed for someone to hold my hand or buy me flowers. Someone to spend the rest of my life with and grow old with. The last Valentine's Day I spent alone I was TRULY ALONE- it was Feb. 2007. I was in a group home, no friends, no family, the man I thought I loved was in prison for murder. It just sucked. Who would have ever thought that one year from that day I'd be married to the man of my dreams and even be expecting a little bundle of joy.
For Rob and I, we have never really celebrated this day. As much as we have been through, even through our rough patches, Rob has never failed to show me how much he loves me EVERY SINGLE DAY! It's always random days of him coming home with flowers, or foot massages, or just him telling me a million times a day that I'm perfect and he loves me. It's something that I would have laughed at the thought of having in Feb. 2007. I never thought I deserved it but Rob has more than showed me that I do deserve him and that even when the world around me seems to be falling apart, he's right there and he can make it all right. It's been nearly 4 years we have been together and it has been truly the best 4 years of my life- even with this baby issue, I know that I am the luckiest woman in the world to be blessed with a man so wonderful as Robert- someone who can love me through all my flaws and when I didn't really deserve to be loved at all. He's my miracle and I just wanted to take the time to let the world know that today is just another day of love for us, with many more to go.
![]() |
| This was the day Rob left for Iraq in 2009 but it is one of my favorite pictures of the two of us <3 |
Robert - Thank you for all you have given me. The love we share is something I could have only ever hoped for, never did I think it was real. You show me everyday that fairytales to really exist and I just want you to know that you are my everything- my best friend, my soulmate, my lover- all wrapped into one.

1 comment:
Awwwwe you guys are so cute! Happy Valentines Day Ashley! Great pic too! Hope your day is as amazing together as every day is and to many more to come. :)
Post a Comment