Monday, November 1, 2010

3 years into Happily Ever After

Today is weird. It's our 3 year wedding anniversary and while for some, this is not a huge time at all- for us both- it's a big thing. It's so weird to look back at all we have been through the past 3 years, the ways we have changed and grown for the better, what we have accomplished from our struggle with finances in our first year of marriage, and just how much our love for each other has matured itself.

We were married in a 4 minute ceremony in the office of the JOP in Hopkinsville Kentucky at 4 pm on November 1, 2007. We had gone in just expecting to pick up our marriage licenses, but when the JOP said he had a few minutes to spare, we couldn't pass up the opportunity. I didn't have a big fancy wedding, our families weren't there, but --- it was the best day [aside from the day Caylee was born] of my entire life. I had no stress of trying to impress people, I didn't have to worry about other people- It was about he and I! Just us. I wouldn't change a thing. I wouldn't change anything about our marriage, not the fights or struggles. Not anything we have gone through to put us where we are today. I have married an absolutely perfect man for me. He knows what I am thinking without me having to say a word. He loves me even when I'm a moody crazy mess. He spoils me and our daughter rotten and goes out of his way to make us happy. He's [generally] always respectful of my feelings. He never curses me out or puts me down, even when I am being the most difficult person in the world. He always supports me and the decisions I make. He's hardworking, romantic and truly selfless. I really am looking forward to spending the rest of my life with this wonderful man I call Mr. Amazing! He's everything to me...


 

2 comments:

Steph said...

That was so sweet! Happy Anniversary!

Little Momma said...

Happy Anniversary! & as far as weddings go, I think sometimes less is more!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...